Blog: Mahmood Iqbal
* An Economist (PhD). Besides doing research, like to write journalistic pieces and fiction. Also an amateur Photographer.
* Due to my limited stock, embedded photos may not be related to the issue in point.
* Also thanks to Photo Net and other sites for their photos being used. Copyright citation is added to each photo.
© Mahmood Iqbal and ipotpourri.wordpress.com: 2012-onward.
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Mahmood Iqbal and ipotpourri.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Harper the Worst Prime Minister in Canadian History: Is there any room for debate?
- Pakistan: Democracy vs Dictatorship
- Long Exposure (Slow Shutter) ND and IR Filter Factor Table
- Freedom of Expression or Sheer Hypocrisy
- Great Photos: Selection from SAHEL
- Israelis Talking Points on Gaza that No Western (especially American) Journalist Dare to Question
- Israel the Victim: Why Does World Not See How Humane and Caring We Are for Palestinians
- Unemployed, Educated and Skilled: Is There a Way Out?
- What Guns Have to Do in Cities?
- Men and Women: Their Contributions to the World
January 2018 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
My Flickr Photos
Category Archives: Opinion
Brief bio: Stephen Harper, leader of the Conservative government and Prime Minister for nine-and-a-half years: 2006-2008 (minority government); 2008-2011 (minority government); 2011-2015 (majority government). A reclusive, secretive, evangelical, controlling and even vindictive person. A polarizing figure with high negativity. Machiavellian … Continue reading
This is part of ongoing research on Pakistan. Based on key economic factors, choice between civilian and military rule is clear for the country. Let data speak for itself…
At the outset, let me say this categorically that anyone having a shred of humanity will not resist in condemning the deadly terrorist attack on the journalists of Charlie Hebdo on January 7th in Paris. However, instead of analyzing the ghastly attack … Continue reading
If one watches and listens to the interviews of Israeli spokespersons or so called experts (who are basically Israeli sympathizers) from veteran journalists of leading networks like CNN, NBC, ABC and CBS, one feels nauseating and the blood boiling. No … Continue reading
Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu, our beloved Prime Minister truly reflects the views of millions of Israelis. We are astonished why the world fails to understand Israeli love and compassion for Palestinians’ recent air strikes and ground attack against Gaza. Simply, to stop Hamas … Continue reading
Same old story: a lone 20 year old gun man, stacked with four high power semi-automatic rifles, entered to an elementary school (Newtown, Connecticut) killed 20 children and 6 of their teachers in a very short span before shooting himself when … Continue reading
There are various criteria to judge contribution of an individual to the society and civilization. However, Prizes awarded each year in different disciplines by the Swedish Nobel Committee may be considered indisputably as the most prestigious, impartial and comprehensive yardstick. … Continue reading